Secretariat Officer at ACICIS
The Australian Consortium for In-Country Indonesian Studies, an AIYA partner organisation based at Murdoch University in Perth, is looking for candidates for a new part-time administrative position.
The Secretariat Officer will be part of a team, reporting to Consortium Director Prof David Hill. They will assist the current Secretariat Manager and Secretariat Officer in the overall smooth-running of the ACICIS Secretariat and will also take responsibility for some specific projects. They will be employed on a part-time fixed-term contract for two days each week. The position is dependent on continuing funding. The initial contract will be for a trial period of 6 months starting at Higher Education Worker Level 4.10 ($33.65 per hour). This is a Perth-based position and no re-location expenses will be provided.
Desirable skills include:
- High level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, email and internet.
- Previous administrative experience.
- High level of organisational ability and efficiency.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and personal presentation.
- Motivated to work independently, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- High level of numeracy, and knowledge of financial and business procedures.
- Indonesian language skills.
- Broad knowledge of Indonesia and ‘in-country’ Indonesian programs
- Web-page management, video production, and/or graphic design skills will be particularly highly regarded.
If you’re interested in applying, send an application through to the Secretariat Manager, Mr David Armstrong email@example.com by Monday, March 25. Be sure to include your CV, contact details for three referees, and a cover letter addressing each of the skills suggested above.