Editor Southeast Asia at ABC International
The ABC is looking for a Southeast Asia editor based in Melbourne to lead its content for audiences in Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore:
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
In conjunction with the Head Asia implement the content strategy for the key markets in the Southeast Asian region to best meet audience needs while reflecting an Australian perspective.
- Contribute to the development of content strategy for Asian markets generally.
- Actively contribute content ideas to the ABC International commissioning process.
- Produce compelling content that engages audiences across a range of platforms.
- Source and engage high quality external contributors to provide content for ABC International including user generated content.
- Provide advice to management on current and emerging audience trends in Southeast Asian audiences and proposals on how these could be met.
The position’s selection criteria includes “high level skills” in at least one Southeast Asian language:
- Demonstrated high level leadership and management skills.
- Highly developed editorial judgment and experience.
- Demonstrated high level content making skills in audio and digital media.
- High level bilingual language skills in English (to at least IELTS Band 8) and at least one Southeast Asian language.
- Understanding of current Southeast Asian media market and strong community and media networks in both Southeast Asia and Australia.
- Understanding of ABC International charter obligations and strategy particularly in relation to Southeast Asia and ability to contribute to this strategy.
- An understanding of and commitment to the ABC’s aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
For more information, head to the ABC Careers website.