AIYA Links: 1 September 2017
- NAILA Submissions close at midnight tonight! Don’t miss your chance to demonstrate your luar biasa skills in Bahasa Indonesia and claim the title as a NAILA awardee for 2017! Apply here. Check out the 2015 and 2016 awardees for some inspiration!
In the News
- #ICYMI – An ANU play of ‘Sri Ngilang‘ in Bahasa Jawa from back in 2014 has gone viral…again! Be sure to check this one out.
- Fairfax’s Jewel Topsfield writes about Indonesia’s “deep concern” in Australian investigation of steel rods exported from Indonesia.
- Listen to Dave McRae and Wayne Palmer Talk Indonesia: Migrant Workers including the current Administration’s long term objectives.
- Tana Toraja has drawn tourists for their unique burial rituals and perspective on death, but could the new tourism drawing card be coffee?
- Turnbull continues to seek a high quality free trade agreement with Indonesia but there could be some road blocks.
On the blog
- Join AIYA NSW! The AGM is coming up on 14 September. Please contact email@example.com for details about how to get involved.
- AIYEP 2017 – Applications are now open for the Australia Indonesia Youth Exchange Program (AIYEP) 2017/2018. This core program within the Australia Indonesia Institute is now in its 36th year!