In the news
On the blog
- We chatted with Fierrany Halita, whose film Acquiescence won Best Animation and Co-Best Film at ReelOzInd 2017. Read more on this week’s post where she shared her inspiration to create her short film, major animation influences, and her hopes for Indonesian film industry.
- AIYA Member Spotlight is back! This time, we spoke with Disty Winata, our new AIYA Links editor who is passionate about tempe and Indonesia-Australia creative community.
- Yogyakarta, 28 October – The scariest thing is yet to come! Join AIYA Yogyakarta’s Halloween Party for a great night of language, fun, and spooky costumes.
- Sydney, 30 October – See Merry Riana’s I’m Possible live in Moore Park with guests Iwan Sunito and Dino Patti Djalal.
- Melbourne, 1 November – Attend AIYA VIC AGM! Please see how you can get involved under Opportunities below.
- Sydney, 6 November – Come join AIYA NSW for Networking and Language Exchange! This fun-filled night will give you a chance to relax, practice Indonesian/English language skills and meet like-minded young professionals and students, who are interested in all things Australia-Indonesia. Ayo!
- Tangerang, Surabaya, Cairns, Sydney, Jember, Samarinda, 27 September – 18 November – Catch Fierrany’s film and other short films at Australia – Indonesia Short Film Festival screenings across Indonesia and Australia.
- Melbourne, 20 November – Attend Lowy Institute’s lecture series of Beyond access: Making Indonesia’s education system work where leading experts on policy and politics Indonesia will discuss underlying political and social relationships in Indonesia’s education system.
- DEADLINE EXTENDED: We’re still on the hunt for a Finance Officer to join the AIYA National team! The deadline for applications has been extended to THIS SUNDAY, 29 October.
- Join AIYA VIC! We are looking for President, Vice-President Internal and Vice-President External candidates. You may self-nominate here before 31 October or simply catch up with fellow members and hear what has been happening in the past year.
- Voting is now open for 2017 NAILA People’s Choice Award! Cast your favorite video here before 10 November 2017.
- AIYEP 2017/2018 is being hosted in NSW this year and it is seeking host families in Sydney from 28 October – 17 November and in Newcastle or Central Coast from 20 November to 9 December. Click here for more information about the program.
- ReelOzInd is still accepting votes for favorite film of the year! View all 21 shortlisted films and vote here. Enjoy!
- Do you know anyone who has made significant contributions to Indonesians and Australian communities? Australia Indonesia Awards are accepting nominations on food, fashion/leisure, and research until 31 October.
- Festival Cerita Jakarta’s Postcard Exchange program looking for postcard pals from Australia. Read more about the program here and email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the program.
- Are you interested in studying in Bandung in January 2018? Check out IndoAustay’s Adult Immersion Course to find out more about how you can participate in the program and apply before 5 November.
- Learning a language? Get Indonesian & English language help with UniBRIDGE Project.