AIYA Links: 12 January
How can government regulation keep up with the rapidly advancing and society shaping tech sector? The Australia-Indonesia Centre Director Kevin Evans shares his idea on how to look at the task of state regulation in the face of disruption. (Credit: Tommy Wahyu Utomo via Flickr)
- Join AIYA Victoria! The chapter is looking for members to fill in 7 executive positions. Read more about the job descriptions here and apply here.
- Based in Bandung and keen on joint the executive of AIYA Jawa Barat? Contact Clarice Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org with an expression of interest about joining the committee by 21 January 2018. Help bring AIYA to one of the most exciting parts of Indonesia and to boost AIYA’s presence in the province.
- TODAY: ACICIS is looking for a Research / Administrative Assistant to be based at the University of Western Australia. Read more about the job description and apply before January 12!
- TODAY: Expressions of interest for the ASEAN-Australia Codeathon close today. The 32 hour Codeathon, to be held as part of the ASEAN-Australia Special Summit on 14-15 March 2018, is an opportunity for programmers, software developers, designers and more to work together to construct new and innovative solutions to counter terrorism financing in the region.
- Check out experiential learning trip in Bali and Lombok this April organised by CERES Global. The trip will focus on building friendships with organisations and groups involved in marine protection with a particular emphasis on plastic waste in our oceans.
- Applications for the 2018 Elizabeth O’Neill Journalism Award are now open. The Award supports one Australian journalist and one Indonesian journalist to undertake an exchange visit of up to two weeks to strengthen the mutual understanding and appreciation of both countries. Apply before January 22.
- Check out the applications for Hamer Scholarships this year! The scholarships offer the opportunity for language study and cultural engagement with dynamic markets such as Indonesia.
- Learning a language? Get Indonesian & English language help with UniBRIDGE Project.
Disty is AIYA National’s Director of Communications. Loves kopi Makassar, tempe, and angkot stickers.