AIYA Links: 21 December 2018
In the news
On the blog
- Missed out on the 2018 Bali Democracy Students Conference? Check out the highlights of a democracy discussion involving youths from 58 countries around the globe in the Nusa Dua Bali here.
- Makassar, 22 December (TOMORROW) – AIYA Eastern Indonesia (Makassar) are providing an IELTS Simulation Test in partnership with Golden Gate Education. Register before 20 December. More details available on Instagram.
- Perth, 25 December – The Indonesian Consulate in Perth has invited AIYA WA to celebrate Christmas together this year at Wisma Indonesia, Applecross!
- Are you looking to develop your business development skillsets by working on real problems over the summer? Join Building a Social Business online course hosted by our director of partnerships and memberships, Sam Shlansky, at econome. Take advantage of the discount to get $100 off the normal price of $199 with code ECONOMIST.
- Check out the upcoming applications for Hamer Scholarships 2019! The scholarships offer the opportunity for language study and cultural engagement with dynamic markets such as Indonesia.
- Do you want to make positive change in your community? If you have a bright idea, don’t miss out on this opportunity to apply for the Alumni Grant Scheme (AGS). The Australian Awards are proud to have supported more than 100 projects across Indonesia since 2014, could yours be next? Applications are open to Indonesian nationals until 21 January 2019. For more information, click the link.
- The WEA Sydney provides Indonesian Beginners Courses for adults and is located 5 minutes walk from Townhall Station. It’s perfect for those with no previous knowledge of Indonesian language and who wish to learn the language for business, travel or everyday use. Sign up for the next course, commencing early February!
- The 2018 – 2019 Short Film Competition for the 14th Indonesian Film Festival has begun. The competition is open to all public from the 5th of November 2018 until the 3rd of March 2019. This year’s theme will explore “The Unknown”. Show off your creativity and skills, and get the chance to win a grand prize of AUD $750! For more information regarding competition rules and regulation, head to their website.
- Learning a language? Get Indonesian & English language help with UniBRIDGE Project.
Like what we do? Want to join or support your local chapter to contribute to our exciting activities? Sign up as an AIYA member today!
Disty is AIYA National’s Director of Communications. Loves kopi Makassar, tempe, and angkot stickers.