Deadline extended to May 12th at 11:59pm
Every year, Asialink Business’ Sydney office offers a fantastic voluntary internship opportunity to the AIYA network. For further details about the internship’s responsibilities and selection criteria, please see the position description.
Location: Asialink Business (Sydney), Level 21, 56 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000
Attendance: One day per week
Hours: Commencing 23 or 30 May 2018
Reporting to: 9.30am to 5pm, with option to attend occasional events outside those hours. Asialink Business Manager of Partnerships and Development
ABOUT ASIALINK BUSINESS
Asialink Business was founded in 2013 with a mandate from the Federal Government to develop Asia capabilities within the Australian workforce. Its capability development programs, research products and advocacy initiatives allow businesses to develop essential knowledge of Asian markets, business environments, cultures and political landscapes to engage more effectively with Asia. For over 25 years the Asialink Group has been Australia’s leading centre for building Asia capability, public understanding of Asia, and appreciation of Australia’s role in the Asian region.
An Asialink Business internship is an opportunity to be involved with this leading organisation, and to expand the knowledge of issues across government, arts, education and business. It is also a valuable opportunity to develop Asia-Australia contacts and capabilities.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with research
- Supporting corporate partnership development and other stakeholder outreach and campaigns
- Participating in strategic brainstorming sessions
- Participating in internal and external meetings as required (and relevant)
- Assisting with planning, curating and implementing events and other initiatives
- Writing communications for web and print
- Potential of assisting with design of collateral (print communications, proposals and PowerPoint)
- Handover training to new intern at the end of the internship
- Support Sydney staff with portfolio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in research, writing, editing and proofreading
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office suite with knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and iMovie or Final Cut Pro highly regarded
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and a creative thinker
- Initiative and the ability to work independently while part of a team
- Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
- Demonstrated interest in Asia and Asia-Australia affairs
- Asian language skills (regarded favourably)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
This position will allow the successful candidate to:
- Deepen their research and report writing skills
- Further develop analytical and communications skills
- Gain experience communicating with people from a range of industries and sectors
- Gain a close understanding of Asialink and its work, in particular the work of Asialink’s business capability division, Asialink Business
- Gain a deeper understanding of Australia-Indonesia business and business activities
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the voluntary internship and make an important contribution to Australia’s engagement with Asia, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
All applicants must be a current AIYA Member. If you are not yet signed up as an AIYA Member, you can do so here: http://www.aiya.org.au/membership/
AIYA will review the applications and determine a shortlist of candidates. Asialink Business will select an intern after interviewing the shortlisted candidates.
In your cover (no more than one page), please explain why you would like to intern for Asialink Business in Sydney and why you are suitable for the role.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close at midnight on 12 May 2018 at 11:59pm, and interviews will take place in mid May 2018.