The Australian Consulate-General Makassar is seeking a Consular & Passport/Administration Assistant to deliver services to Australian citizens in Eastern Indonesia. The occupant of this position is responsible for providing consular and passports services to Australian citizens and permanent residents overseas. The ideal candidate should be a good networker, be able to build productive working relationships with Australian citizens and Indonesian government officials and possesses the required qualifications and skills. This position may involve some domestic travel, often at short notice.
• Provide a range of consular services advising and assisting Australian citizens
• Provide a range of passport services, including client interviews to Australian citizens in
accordance with the Australian Passports Act
• Respond to consular and passport enquiries from the general public in person, by
telephone and by email
• Provide timely advice and reporting on consular and passport cases, including the drafting
• Provide a range of notarial acts and services
• Assist with post’s accounts payables process by liaising with suppliers, preparing accounts
for payments and obtaining relevant spending approvals in accordance with financial
• Demonstrated knowledge or experience in consular and passport services
• High-level written and oral communication skills and an ability to translate and interpret
between English and Indonesian
• Strong client liaison skills
• Basic finance skills
• Strong capacity to exercise discretion and judgement
• Ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications
For more information, please refer to the Job Description.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit an application directed to Tanya Mahindria, Recruitment Officer, email@example.com with subject: Makassar – Consular & Passport. As part of your application you will need to provide:
• A Curriculum Vitae of no more than two pages including two referees.
• A 1-2-page essay of no more than 1,000 words telling us how your skills, experience and
qualifications makes you the best candidate for this opportunity
Applications close by no later than Thursday, 27 April 2017.