1. Support the Data Scientist in providing the technical inputs for the design and implementation of projects by preparing data processing environments by reviewing existing solutions for data engineering methods and proposing processing architecture for PLJ research
- Review commonly used hardware and software for data processing from open source and commercial sector and a list of computing platforms that PLJ already has access to through global and local partnerships as well as the GoI facilities.
- Identify the best solutions for data engineering in line with the PLJ research plan and given the data types and characteristics of PLJ’s research.
- Provide technical assistance and support to the design and implementation of projects in the portfolio through consultation with the Government, donors, UN agencies, NGOs/CSOs and other partners.
- Support the formulation exercise by facilitating engagement with GoI on a needs assessment and preparing the correct infrastructure for all data related outputs of PLJ.
- Assist in conducting analyses of the current technical systems and provide recommendations to PLJ stakeholders including GoI counterparts.
2. Support to the management of the project, including ensuring effective quality assurance and providing technical inputs on PLJ Lab activities as well as effective knowledge transfer and capacity building to GOI counterparts
- Provide assistance to the effective management of large and strategic national and regional projects in Indonesia by working with the GoI on providing quality technical support in data management and systems integration.
- Ensure effective application of new technologies that will enable more efficiency within PLJ research
- Support the objectives of PLJ such as identifying external technical partners and ensuring that the best expertise is available to GoI counterparts
- Support the effective knowledge transfer and capacity building of GoI counterparts, UN agencies, donor agencies and other stakeholders to ensure uptake of PLJ prototypes.
- Assist in the preparation of project reports for donors.
3. Support to the Data Scientist in reviewing information systems of PLJ partners, including GoI counterparts
- Review information systems of potential PLJ partners and identify efficient and effective ways of working with external partners
- Prepare the technical environments to enable data analyses such as consolidate all data related issues into a standard format
- Assess and understand technical systems and propose solutions for connecting datasets
- Review the technical systems of stakeholders including GoI counterparts to store, process and analyse datasets
4. Conduct day to day quantitative data analysis, writing back-end side data processing software with PLJ research team
- Support the production of Pulse Lab Toolkits across the Global Pulse Lab Network
- Support knowledge generation and knowledge sharing based on project experiences, and, when appropriate, make contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Actively participate in discussions related to technical aspects of data engineering and analytics as well as the identification of common engineering and processing functionalities with Global Pulse labs.
- Produce open source standard documents for the toolkit developed.
- Extract and prepare data for analysis from big and small datasets including from official statistics.
- Assist to interpret analysis results quantitatively in support of PLJ Research Team.
Please note that this posting is for Indonesian nationals only
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems or a related discipline, involving extensive software engineering and data processing.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in public or private sector
- Experience in programming with script languages such as Python and PHP and in processing data in an efficient way
- Good knowledge of computational algorithms and data structure
- Practical experience with back-end server architecture and data processing
Fluency (both oral and written) in English and Bahasa Indonesia