The Australia-Indonesia Youth Association is a non-government, youth-led organisation that aims to better connect young people in Australia and Indonesia to each other and to Australia-Indonesia related opportunities. AIYA’s objectives are threefold:
- Connecting young Australians and Indonesians to each other, and to opportunities – educational, cultural and professional – to engage in the bilateral relationship.
- Informing young people about the bilateral relationship, and avenues to engage with Australia and Indonesia.
- Inspiring business, government, educational institutions and other organisations to support and facilitate youth engagement with Indonesia in Australia.
Volunteer position: AIYA National Finance Officer
Starting date: Mid-November 2017
Reports to: Treasurer, President, AIYA National Executive Committee
Time Commitment: Approx.4-5 hours per week
Applications due: 29 October 2017
The role of Finance Officer with AIYA National will be assisting the National Treasurer on managing AIYA’s day-to-day financial affairs, including auditing and record-keeping of AIYA Chapters’ expenditures and relevant reimbursements.
- Assisting the National Treasurer in preparing AIYA’s Financial Reports, taxation matters and liaising with external parties such as accountants
- Assisting the National Treasurer with AIYA Chapter budgeting and reimbursement procedures, including reviewing and advising on Chapters’ funding requests
- Providing induction and ongoing training to AIYA Chapters’ Treasurers
- Managing AIYA’s National Membership financial reports along with the Director of Partnerships and Membership
- Working with the National Treasurer and the Board on grant applications and acquittal reports
- Working with the Partnerships team in seeking financial sponsors and available grants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Accounting/Finance/Business Administration (preferably completed)
- Previous experience as a Finance Officer/Treasurer for a not-for-profit organisation is desirable but not essential
- Strong organisational and leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A keen interest in financial management for not-for-profits and fundraising
- A keen interest in the Australia-Indonesia relationship
- Responsive to emails
- Fluency in English, Bahasa Indonesia skills desirable but not essential
- Proficiency in MS Excel is required, previous experience in using accounting software is desirable but not essential
- Must have a positive and ‘semangat’ attitude to the role and be full of ideas.
- What experience do you have in the Australia-Indonesia relationship?
- What experience do you have in treasury or finance-related roles?
- What experience do you have in fund-raising for not-for-profit organisations, including making submissions for grants?
- Why are you interested in applying for the AIYA National’s Finance Officer position?
If you are keen on joining AIYA as the Finance Officer, please apply by 22 October 2017 by sending a one page cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Please reach out if you have any questions about the application process.
Disty is AIYA National’s Director of Communications. Loves kopi Makassar, tempe, and angkot stickers.