International Internships has been facilitating internships for Australian and international students in Indonesia for over 10 years, but the last four years have seen it grow and change immensely. We now work with a number of universities in Australia and Indonesia to facilitate internships, study intensives and unit-based programs in Indonesia and Malaysia, along with career mentoring, professional skills development, cross-cultural communication and language training. Our programs are based around the belief that international study and work experiences should be unfiltered and real, with the right support to keep students safe, happy and experiencing everything to its maximum.
Start Date: June 2018
Duration: This position is initially available for nine months, with the possibility to extend the role at its conclusion, if mutually agreed.
Location: Jakarta, with some travel to other parts of Indonesia.
Work Hours: Full-time. Work is based around an 8-hour day but please note that the nature of the work means that working schedules are often irregular. Work on weekends and evenings will sometimes be required.
You will help execute, deliver and support International Internships’ Indonesia-based programs, including study intensives, internships and others. Therefore, you will typically be undertaking several tasks simultaneously. You will have a lot of contact with our partners in Indonesia, which include universities, business councils, government bodies, companies and not-for-profits. You will also have a frequent contact with interns before their arrival and once they are in country.
The position is based in Jakarta, which is where most of our Indonesian programs take place. However, we do also operate in other parts of Indonesia, so you may be required to travel across the country at times.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with participants and host organisations in Indonesia to place program participants in suitable internships.
- Working with our partners in Indonesia to organise events for program participants, including weekend trips, networking events and social gatherings.
- Working with our partners in Indonesia to organise events for program participants, including our social entrepreneurship hackathon.
- Arranging the logistics to help make the programs run smoothly in country. This can involve everything from booking buses and accommodation to printing name tags to buying gifts for guest speakers.
- Hosting program participants in Indonesia, including accompanying groups and holding individual consultations.
- Refining and renewing program structures, including identifying opportunities for a better in-country experience for students through updating program itineraries.
- Preparing reports and other documents to be presented to International Internships’ stakeholders.
- Supporting participants and implementing our procedures in the event of an emergency.
Please see the full job description here.
Please email your cover letter and CV with the subject line “Indonesia Program Facilitator” to: firstname.lastname@example.org