Call for Indonesian Language Guest Lecturers for Sem 1 2017 – Department of Indonesian Studies, University of Sydney
The Department of Indonesian Studies, University of Sydney is taking applications for guest lecturers to provide presentations to students enrolled in third and fourth year (advanced) levels of Indonesian at the University of Sydney in Semester 1 2017. Learners are exposed to research presentations by academics or practitioners in their areas of expertise.
Requirements of guest lecturers:
- Have native or near-native fluency in Indonesian, with expertise or a particular interest in relation to the topic of the guest lecture.
- To conduct their presentations of 25 minutes’ length using PowerPoint or similar presentation software. The slides should contain primarily images, with minimal text, as this is a listening exercise for the students.
- To submit the PowerPoint slides of your presentation at least 2 weeks before the scheduled lecture date.
- Potential guest lecturers must be eligible to work in Australia and able to deliver the lecture in person (Thursdays 4-5pm during semester). They are paid at the casual lecturing rate for the preparation and delivery of the lecture.
The presentations will need to be related to the content the students will learn over the semester. The proposed timetable for guest lectures is as below:
- 16 March: Pembangunan Indonesia Pascakolonial – Orde Lama
- 23 March: Korupsi dan Pembangunan Indonesia pada masa Orde Baru
- 30 March: Reformasi dan Perubahan Arah Pembangunan Indonesia
- 6 April: Peran Investasi dalam Pembangunan Ekononomi
- 13 April: SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) dan Tantangan Pembangunan Indonesia
- 14-17 April: SESSION BREAK/EASTER
- 04 May: Pergeseran Fokus Pembangunan: Dari Pertanian ke Kelautan
- 11 May Pembangunan dan Lingkungan Hidup
- 18 May: Pembangunan Teknologi dan Akses Informasi
- 25 May: Akses Kesehatan dan Jaminan Sosial
- 1 June: Perempuan dan Pembangunan
To apply, please submit your curriculum vitae and a brief statement of what you would like to present and an abstract of your presentation in Indonesian to Dr. Dyah Pitaloka (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and Arum Budiastuti (email: email@example.com). Successful applicants will be notified by email shortly afterwards.
Applications close 12th January 2017.