The annual ‘Jakarta International Youth Program’ will be held by the Jakarta Government under their Sister City/State cooperation program. The NSW Government is looking for two Australian domestic students – one male and one female – studying at a NSW education institution (age between 18-25) to join the program in Jakarta.
NSW has had a Sister State relationship with Jakarta since 1994. The program aims to introduce Jakarta to international youth and strengthen the Sister State relationship. The theme of this year’s program is ‘Reinventing Social Engagement for a Better Jakarta’. Selected students are expected to study a discipline relevant to this year’s program theme, and present on the topic on the last day of the program.
- This year’s program will take place in Jakarta from 20-26 August 2017.
- Nominations are due on Sunday 30 July 2017, midnight, to email@example.com
Students applying for this program have to submit (to firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Essay: minimum 1000 and maximum 3000 words in English, related to the student’s study major and the theme of this year’s program. This essay can then be presented in Jakarta. Further information about the essay in the link below.
- Completed participant form – please see the link below; and
- Copy of passport.
Applications will be assessed by the Trade and Investment Branch of the NSW Department of Industry, according to the following criteria:
- The quality of the student’s essay related to the program theme (80% weighting); and
- Advice about the student’s hobbies/activities and interest in writing, traveling, history, or arts, and/or participating in communities related to the program theme (20% weighting).
Please note, applicants must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen studying at a NSW institution
- Be aged between 18-25;
- Be studying a major relevant to the theme of this year’s program theme; and
- Be able to cover their own travel costs (including via sponsorship).
- The Jakarta government will cover costs for accommodation and meals
- Roundtrip travel needs to be covered by students or their sponsor (NB The NSW Government is unable to offer any sponsorship for this program)
Please contact StudyNSW directly about any questions about applying for the program. Email: email@example.com. Phone: 02 8222 4110.
For more information, head to Jakarta International Youth Program 2017.