Volunteer with the National Australia Indonesia Language Awards!
Are you a young professional, teacher, graduate or university student looking to
- develop your professional skill-set
- meet new friends passionate about Australia-Indonesia relations
- strengthen your CV, and
- contribute to a good cause?
Who are we?
The National Australia Indonesia Language Awards (NAILA) is an annual speech competition that rewards and fosters the development of Indonesian language learning in Australia at all levels. We work closely with the private, government and not-for-profit sectors.
We are a fun and energetic group of young Australian & Indonesian professionals who are dedicated to improving the bilateral relationship and Indonesian language studies in Australia.
Who are we looking for?
- Professionals or students with an interest in the Australia-Indonesia relationship
- Commitment to attend weekly committee meetings (1 hour) via Skype and to attend the three-day NAILA Award Ceremony weekend
- Individuals with strong time management, written and communication skills
- Ability to work in a small team and autonomously to carry out tasks to deadlines
NAILA is committed to diversity and aims to create an environment that values the contribution of people from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Our flexible online environment allows our volunteers to balance their work, study, volunteer and personal responsibilities.
We provide a supportive and flexible work environment that caters to individuals’ circumstances no matter what sex, gender, ethnicity, age, disability, or religion they may identify with.
OPEN CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
We encourage expressions of interest (EOIs) from individuals who would like to join the NAILA 2018 team. Here’s how you can apply:
- Submit an application for one or more of the position descriptions outlined below, or
- If your background / experience / areas of interest do not align with the specific position descriptions, tell us why you want to join the team and how you can contribute to our program.
Applications should be sent to NAILA Leadership Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a covering letter of no more than 400 words and a current CV (no more than 2 pages).
Applications are due at midnight (AEST) on Monday 30 April.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Engagement Officer x2
- Previous experience working with teachers and / or lecturers and students or connection to members of Indonesian teachers’ and / or student networks
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of the university and / or school Indonesian curriculum
- Indonesian language skills desirable
- Experience setting up university level events is desirable
- Teachers encouraged to apply
- Oversee engagement with universities, student organisations and teachers’ networks
- Encourage participation and ensure the program is fit-for-purpose
- Organise information sessions with AIYA Chapters and other relevant organisations
- Create content for the website to assist participants to prepare their speeches including Indonesian language tips and tricks
- Assist in assessing applications and providing comprehensive feedback to participants
Communications and Media Officer x2
- High-level understanding of social media (content development, data analytics and impact analysis, securing media partnerships)
- Knowledge of the media landscape; previous experience securing media partnerships is desirable
- Demonstrated proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia is desirable
- Develop and implement comprehensive communications plan
- Create content for all social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram)
- Assist with the maintenance of the 2017 NAILA website
- Manage NAILA email administration and oversee the NAILA Newsletter
- Assist with sourcing media partnerships (with both online and offline media platforms)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous report design and writing experience desirable
- Working within the Partnerships Team to engage with relevant institutions and organisations to garner support and encourage participation in NAILA
- Engage with Indonesian language lecturers, and professionals from the private and public sectors
- Assist with grant applications and acquittals
- Degree (completed or enrolled) in finance or accounting
- Demonstrated experience in managing an organisation’s finances and accounts
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Maintain accurate records of incomes and expenses, including GST calculations
- Develop, streamline and establish financial operations and policy as required
- Review partnership agreements, projects and funding applications from a financial perspective
- Liaise with AIYA National Treasurer
Program Officers x 2
- Previous administration and event management experience desirable
- Excellent organisational skills and strong communication skills
- Assist with logistics: accommodation, catering, transportation, flights for award winners
- Support Programs Team to plan event details: schedules and administration
- Contribute to the planning, organisation and successful delivery of the Awards Weekend
- Assist with the recruitment of VIP judges
IT and Creative Officer x2
- Good analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot basic software and hardware issues
- Demonstrated proficiency in WordPress and general website content management system (CMS) and / or
- Good design and graphics skills; working competency in using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is desirable
- Managing the NAILA website and communication tools, and / or
- Provide digital art and design support for NAILA mailing list, publications and any other print/digital marketing materials
If applying for a design position, please submit a work sample with your application.
Translators x 4
- Exceptional English and Indonesian language skills (both Australians and Indonesians are encouraged to apply)
- Prior experience working as a translator is desirable but not required
- Strong time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Working within a small team to translate past and future NAILA video entries, social media posts and website content (translation will be both English to Indonesian and Indonesian to English)
- Work with content relevant to a wide variety of fields, including current affairs, politics, culture and the creative arts
- Edit and review translation work written by other Translators
Commitment: ad hoc basis depending on availability, approx. 3 hours per week.
Videographer and Photographer
- Experience in professional level videography and video editing, or
- Professional level photography skills
- Film interviews with sponsors, partners and participants
- Take footage of networking events, language training, public speeches, and sponsors’ messages of support
- Compile footage into a short film with subtitles
Commitment: ad hoc basis depending on availability.
Please submit a work sample (video/photo portfolio) with your application.
Download this page as a PDF here.
Disty is AIYA National’s Director of Communications. Loves kopi Makassar, tempe, and angkot stickers.