The Australia-Indonesia Youth Association is a non-government, youth-led organisation that aims to better connect young people in Australia and Indonesia to each other and to Australia-Indonesia related opportunities. AIYA’s objectives are threefold:
- Connecting young Australians and Indonesians to each other, and to opportunities – educational, cultural and professional – to engage in the bilateral relationship.
- Informing young people about the bilateral relationship, and avenues to engage with Australia and Indonesia.
- Inspiring business, government, educational institutions and other organisations to support and facilitate youth engagement with Indonesia in Australia.
Volunteer position: AIYA National Operations Officer (Indonesia)
Starting date: December 2017
Reports to: Director of Operations
Time Commitment: Approx. 5-6 hours per week for a 12 month period
Applications due: 30 November 2017
The Operations Officers (Indonesia) oversees the development and activities of the four Indonesian chapters by:
- Coordinating a two-monthly call with Indonesian Chapter Presidents to provide guidance on hosting events and initiatives, as well as to inform AIYA’s National Board of Indonesia chapter activities;
- Facilitate reporting and communications between the chapter and National Executive;
- Oversee the implementation of AIYA National initiatives at the chapter level in Indonesia i.e Culture, Social, Professional and Language Events;
- Advocate for the interests of Indonesian chapters at the national level;
- Manage AIYA’s event approval process including funding requests and post-event evaluations from Indonesia-based chapters in collaboration with the National Treasurer and Director of Operations;
- Provide leadership and guidance to Indonesian chapters including compliance with the AIYA Constitution and Bylaws, as well as chapter-specific rules;
- Recruit and induct Indonesian chapter presidents and mediate in the event of conflict within chapter teams.
Skills and Eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably enrolled or completed);
- Strong understanding of and interest in the Australia-Indonesia relationship;
- English and Indonesian written and spoken language skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing others;
- Knowledge of and commitment to AIYA and the Australia-Indonesia relationship;
- Knowledge and experience in using Google’s suite of cloud-based applications i.e Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Hangouts.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 30th November 2017. To be considered for this position you must be a current AIYA member. To sign up please visit www.aiya.org.au/membership/.