The Perth USAsia Centre is looking for a Research and Program Assistant to assist in the development and execution of Perth USAsia Centre programs, particularly research publications and supporting the delivery of public and private events.
The position will contribute to the daily operation of the Perth USAsia Centre and play a significant role in the development of the mission of the Centre, promoting stronger relationships between Australia, the Indo-Pacific and the USA by contributing to strategic thinking, policy development and enhanced networks between governments, the private sector and academia
- Maintenance of the database to support stakeholder engagement across all programs
- Administrative support for event planning, preparation and implementation
- Prepare agenda and minutes for committees and take follow up action
- Assist with the development of content to support Centre Programs, including social media and website material
- Assist in monitoring global news, including policy updates, ministerial changes and outputs from partner “Think Tanks” Respond to enquiries and initiate action and refer as appropriate
- Liaise with other areas applying a sound knowledge of the office activities
- Provide general administrative and event support to the Centre Other duties as directed
- Year 12 or equivalent competency
- Demonstrated interest in foreign affairs, current affairs and international policy
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated research ability
- Well-developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but also be able to work cohesively in a team environment
- Considerable relevant administrative experience at an appropriate level
- Prior experience working for a local member/minister, government organisation, think tank or non-government organisation with an international focus, preferred but not essential
This is a 12 month appointment with a salary range of $62,110 – $66,113 p.a. The full position description can be read here.
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button at the bottom of the Job Advertisement.
Applications close 16th December 2016.