Screenwest has secured a Cultural Diplomacy Grant from DFAT (Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade) to run the Australia – Indonesia Fast Track Initiative (AIFTI), a program designed to establish film and television co-productions between our two countries This is an Australia-wide initiative to be run out of Western Australia. The aim of the initiative is to enhance the relationships developed and transform them into production outcomes.
Screenwest is looking for a Researcher/Relationship Coordinator to research and facilitate connections with key Indonesian entertainment players and provide an overview of the Indonesian film and television makers, market and trends. The position will be a full-time contract commencing in January 2019 and concluding at the end of the Festival Sinema Australia Indonesia Short Film Festival (FSAI) in March 2019. This may suit a professional academic, or a post-graduate student currently completing their studies in a relevant field, or a person with experience in media business policy.
Screenwest has a strong preference for a candidate that has fluency in Bahasa Indonesia. Previous experience studying or working in the Indonesian film and television Industry is essential. The candidate will preferably be living in Perth, Western Australia. Tasks will involve:
- Identifying Key Indonesian Industry Players
- Indonesian Market Trends
- Television and Theatrical distribution pathways and organisations
- Identifying audience viewing habits and engagement
- Understanding and communicating the unique processes to Indonesian Filmmaking
- Establishing relationships with key market players
- Coordinating Screenwest presence in Indonesia
- Creating reports for government tender
Applicants will need to submit the following;
- A Cover Letter addressing how the candidate meets the selection criteria; and
- A current CV, with two referees All applications are to be emailed through to Eva Di Blasio Talent Development Manager email@example.com.
Applications close at 5pm Friday December 7 th 2018. Shortlisted applicants will be notified the following week for an interview.
Full job description can also be accessed here.
Disty is AIYA National’s Director of Communications. Loves kopi Makassar, tempe, and angkot stickers.