AIYA is currently seeking another volunteer Blog Co-Editor to help manage the AIYA Blog. If you’re a young person with an interest in the Australia-Indonesia relationship and experience in journalism, editing or social media, we’d like to hear from you.
As Co-editor you’ll be responsible for working in a team with the existing Blog Editor to plan and develop content for the AIYA Blog — with a focus on day-to-day tasks like commission articles, editing, working with authors and scheduling posts for distribution.
Since it launched in early 2013, AIYA’s blog has provided a platform for young people to share their views on the bilateral relationship — from education, film and society to career profiles and scholarship tips.
Ideally, you’ll have a Bachelor’s degree (completed or underway), strong English and Indonesian skills, and a background in writing or journalism.
- Promoting and commissioning content for the AIYA website
- Commissioning and posting articles for the AIYA blog, including copyediting and proofreading
- Responsible for developing and implement new content ideas
- Preparing career champion profiles
- Liaising with third parties to distribute and promote AIYA’s website content
- Bachelor’s degree (completed or enrolled)
- Strong understanding of the Australia-Indonesia relationship
- English and Indonesian language skills
- A background in writing, journalism, or content marketing — working online particularly valued
How to apply
Applications for the blog editor position are open until 2 April 2017. To apply, please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter of up to 350 words addressing the key responsibilities and necessary skills for the role to email@example.com.
The position is open to young people from Australia or Indonesia who meet the selection criteria outlined. The roles are best suited to current undergraduate/postgraduate students or those that have just entered the workforce. If you’re interested in the position, or not sure if you fit the bill, we suggest you get in touch with us anyway — we’d be happy to discuss other ways we could work together.
These roles in the communications team are a fantastic opportunity to get involved in AIYA at almost every level. You’ll be working directly with the existing Blog Editor, the Director of Communications, as well as with the other members of the AIYA Communications team. You will also have regular contact with the National Executive, as well as Chapter representatives, whilst assisting to boost the presence of AIYA in person and online.