*The application is extended to 22 March 2019. See below for details*
The Australia-Indonesia Youth Association is a non-government, youth-led organisation which aims to better connect young Indonesians and Australians to each other and to Australia-Indonesia related opportunities.
The Partnerships and Memberships portfolio has 2 main priorities to support the AIYA mission. We collectively develop partnerships that celebrate and support our organisation through financial and non-financial arrangements. We also maintain membership data and collection tools. This focus on members also informs the partnerships that we strike; they must support the AIYA mission and respond to member interests across the organisation.
||Partnerships & Memberships
||4 hours per week
||Period of role:
||12 months including seasonal breaks and flexible leave
||A part of AIYA (any Chapter);
Can be currently studying Bachelors, at TAFE or working
|Application due date:
||18 March 2019
||Australia or Indonesia
||Early April 2019
This role will support the partnerships that the Partnerships and Memberships portfolio develop and finalise. In this role you will:
- based on prior experience, personal passion and meaningful research
- to support AIYA National’s partnerships approach
- to help determine the kinds of partnerships we form and initiate
- to developing a coherent and impactful portfolio strategy
- bring ideas of how you would like to offer support for AIYA Chapters and AIYA National
- through regularly completing projects, You will be able to discuss and take the lead on your projects and implement existing arrangements
- report on progress with assigned projects in weekly check-in emails;
- report on general portfolio matters in monthly online P&M portfolio meeting;
- be open and willing to receive guidance from the current team and be willing to contribute your ideas;
- liaise honestly and professionally with stakeholders to broker partnerships as required – primarily via email but in-person meeting or teleconferences may be required;
- using a friendly and open approach with AIYA National;
- collaborate with AIYA National at the completion of your projects and regularly request feedback on projects; and
- always use respectful and professional language to effectively communicate your ideas.
Initial project: Partnership documents and process:
- under the guidance of the existing team and in line with the above you will undertake a defined project in the first 3 months, along with the usual ongoing tasks;
- assist to develop internal and external documents that support the P&M portfolio and AIYA Chapters, such as promotional material to share to potential partners;
- prepare and develop MOU templates to reflect AIYA’s various partnership offerings; and
- you will receive guidance to achieve these goals and understand the steps required to achieve each of these goals, including collaboration with the AIYA National Communications team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- have a strong interest in all things Australia-Indonesia and youth (previous involvement with AIYA is desired, but not essential);
- enjoy finding shared value and have experience successfully collaborating with others; and
- do things that you are passionate about – it could be outside of the Aus-Indo space or in another partnerships-building capacity.
- explore new ideas regularly and confidently;
- willing to learn from advice and critical feedback;
- seek fresh insights and other opinions to improve your thinking and outcomes; and
- happily seek out experiences that you convert into knowledge or passion.
- value diversity in all of its forms – race, work field, study background, gender, sex, place of origin and more;
- not afraid to ask and do not make assumptions about expectations; and
- be open and authentic with others.
To apply before midnight on Friday, 22 March 2019, please send your current CV to Sam Shlansky (Director of Partnerships and Memberships) at email@example.com along with a short cover letter that reveals:
- How you will succeed in the roles required under ‘The Position’; and
- How you align with our stated ‘Ideal Candidate’ descriptions above.
If you have any questions or queries email Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF of the job description can be found here.
To be considered for this position you must be a current AIYA member. To sign up please visit www.aiya.org.au/membership/.
Disty is AIYA National’s Director of Communications. Loves kopi Makassar, tempe, and angkot stickers.