Volunteer with AIYA – National Web and IT Officer
AIYA is currently seeking expressions of interest for a Web and IT Officer. The role requires a voluntary commitment of approximately 5 hours per week.
The Web and IT Officer oversees and maintains the AIYA National website and IT systems (include email and database management). This person in this role will primarily work closely with the Director of Communications and other officers in the AIYA National Communications team. This role will also involve assisting with the redesign of the AIYA website (together with the AIYA Communications team and a third party designer).
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the redesign of the current AIYA website
- Maintaining the AIYA website
- Managing AIYA email administration
- Maintaining the online membership process
- Supporting other members of the AIYA team with their technology needs
- Supporting AIYA initiatives including NAILA
- Liaising with AIYA chapters to assist with video editing for post-event content to upload onto YouTube (desirable only)
- Scouting job opportunities relating to Indonesia/Australia to post on the website
Necessary skills for this position are:
- Experience with WordPress, and ideally a background in web design including HTML and CSS
- Some familiarity with collaboration and productivity tools such as Zapier, Wufoo, Google Drive and Basecamp
- Ability to handle day to day cPanel web server and WordPress maintenance
- Experience managing website development projects
- Familiarity with email marketing tools such as MailChimp would be beneficial
- A background in marketing and analytics tools such as Google Analytics would be highly valued
- Access to video editing software such as Final Cut or Adobe Premiere and experience with basic video editing is desirable but not crucial
- A demonstrated interest in the Australia-Indonesia bilateral relationship
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter of no more than 250 words addressing the selection criteria for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for the positions close on 4 May 2018.
Disty is AIYA National’s Director of Communications. Loves kopi Makassar, tempe, and angkot stickers.