Project Officer, Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA, the international aid agency of the Australian Council of Trade Unions, is looking for a Project Officer to work in its Sydney office. The position is part-time (four days per week), based in Sydney with regular international travel between 8-12 weeks per year.
Essential selection criteria include:
- Demonstrated competencies and experience in all aspects of project cycle and operational management of overseas development programs and projects (including designing, preparing submissions to donors, monitoring, reporting, evaluating and partnership building), especially in a region with high levels of ongoing conflict and trauma.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management of both small and large-scale projects, especially of project budgets including planning, procurement, monitoring, currency exchange, acquittals and reporting.
- Leadership abilities and experience of working successfully in a team environment, including ability to handle conflicting urgent priorities and to contribute with critical and innovative thinking.
- High level of understanding of international development ideas, policies and processes, such as ethics, partnership, effectiveness, environment, food sovereignty, gender, education, environment, and Decent Work.
- Excellent communication, administration and negotiating skills, including demonstrated high level abilities in:
- active listening;
- sensitive communication with people of different cultural, political, language and religious backgrounds;
- effective public speaking for diverse small and large audiences;
- professional or public precise and concise plain English writing and reporting;
- relevant computer information and communication software, internet and social media;
- representation and negotiation with stakeholders.
- Ability to travel and work internationally in sometimes adverse and difficult conditions.
- Understanding of and commitment to trade union and international solidarity principles.
For more information on the position, and to apply, head to the Union Aid Abroad website.