AIYA Links: 29th November
In the news
- Over the weekend, Prime Minister Tony Abbott formally responded to SBY. The letter met expectations, despite being delivered by a special envoy to the wrong city.
- Meanwhile, the AP reports that Indonesia is ready to begin working with Australia again.
- The Australian National University’s Michael Wesley argues that this crisis, too, will pass, while Meidyatama Suryodiningrat (@Meidyatama), editor of the Jakarta Post, argues that now is the time for people-to-people initiatives to take the lead.
- Indonesian businesses look for stability in the relationship.
- The US dollar has risen to over 12,000 rupiah for the first time since 2009.
- More than 18,000 residents have fled the eruption of Sumatra’s Mt Sinabung, according to the ABC’s George Roberts (@George_Roberts).
For your entertainment
Jobs and events
Know of an Indonesia-related event happening in your city? Send us an email at [email protected], and we’ll include it here.