AIYA Links: 30 April
Women from Australia and Indonesia came together to investigate and discuss the underrepresented role of women in the economy and positions of leadership, in the context of the pandemic. It was found that giving women the opportunity to learn and apply digital skills is a critical step to Indonesia’s post-covid economic growth, according to panelists at an AIC In Conversation webinar with Global Victoria.
In the news
- From normalising women issues to Australia’s political satire scene, internationally acclaimed comedian Sakdiyah Ma’ruf talks with guest host alumna Desy Bachir about gender equality, comedy and her parenting style in life. How has she kept progressing and maintaining personal growth during the pandemic? Listen to this funny and informative Podcast here. (OzAlum Podcast)
- JOIN AIYA ON DISCORD! AIYA would like to cordially invite you to join our new Discord, an online group-chatting platform. We will be using Discord a digital hub for AIYA activities including:
- FLEX – our online language exchange is shifting over to Discord from UniBridge
- Games nights – AIYA will be hosting casual and impromptu gatherings on Discord
- Ngobrol santai – any AIYA member will be able to join and chat with other members whenever you want.
- NOTE: Due to Easter and Ramadan, FLEX will be held on April 18 & May 2.
- JOIN AIYA IN-PERSON LANGUAGE EXCHANGE! LX is back in multiple locations across Australia. Connect, chill, and converse with like-minded youth, meet new friends and engage in cross-cultural exchange. In-person language exchange is on:
- WA: Every Wednesday fortnight, 6 PM, Old Shanghai Northbridge. Follow @aiya_wa on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- NSW: Every Wednesday, 6 PM, Darling Square (in front of Messina). Follow @aiya_nsw on Instagram or Facebook for more info.
- Vic: Every Wednesday, 6 PM, Kathleen Syme Library Kathleen Syme Library, Multipurpose room 2. Follow @aiya_vic on Instagram or Facebook for more info
- ACT: Every Wednesday, 6 PM, Marie Ray Building. Follow @aiya_act on Instagram or Facebook for more info
- AIYA ACT – Cooking Lesson with Tante Avi will teach you how to make Sop Ayam! The event will be held offline and online on 30 April 5pm AEST. Limited space, register for online here and offline here.
- AIYA x UNAIR Cross Cultural Experience Talk is a collaboration event of AIYA and Universitas Airlangga. This event will explain more about the speaker’s experience during their time in Australia facing any cross cultural experience. Register to join by May 1 here.
- AIYA JOG x Sulsel are hosting a trivia night. Level up your knowledge on Australia-Indonesia things during your ‘ngabuburit’ time! Register here.
- AIYA VIC x Krakatoas Football Club are getting together to play football and have a BBQ! Event held on 2 May 12pm – 2pm AEST at Fawkner Park. Register here and more info here.
- MISS 4 (Monash Indonesian Seminar Series) is hosting a webinar themed ‘Propaganda & Sexual Panics in Indonesia’ on 6 May 4pm – 2pm AEST (1pm WIB). Register here.
- Malam Karier 2021 provides Australian & Indonesian corporate insights to help position yourself for professional success in a post-COVID world. This is run by AIYA NSW, ISA NSW, Macquarie University, PPIA USyd & PPIA UTS are proud to present: 1, supported by Arkblu. Register before May 13 here.
- AIYA VIC x Sanggar Lestari are hosting Batik Workshop! Learn about batik making on 22 May at 12pm – 2pm AEST in Kathleen Syme Library, Activity room 1&2. $10 entry fee for AIYA members and $20 for non-members. Register soon here.
- ADB Smart Cities Datathon is challenging innovators (startups, students, research organizations and independent researchers, corporate partners) around the world to tackle the following problem statement. Register by May 31 to join here.
- Asialink Business in collaboration with the City of Sydney presents a free online Asia Business Events Series to equip Sydney-based SMEs with key insights and capabilities to explore business opportunities in Asia. Events held on April 20 & May 25, register here.
- Suara Indonesia Dance is hosting online Indonesian dance classes via Zoom. They’re held on Friday nights between 6:30pm – 7:30pm AEST. All ages and levels welcome. Read more and book via Paypal here.
- Listen to cosy and in-depth conversations between talented individuals about social and cultural issues in Indonesia and Australia. Explore the Sana-Sini Podcast here.
- Kremes Podcast provides lovers of Australia and Indonesia with a chance to listen to a range of Aus-Indo topics from casual chats about our shared cross-cultural experiences to more informative discussions like tips on living/studying/working in Australia. Listen here.
- Indonesia Project Global Seminar – ANU’s Indonesia Project is bringing you a weekly series of seminars on COVID-19 right to your living room. Join in for live discussions, or surf through the archives of previous seminars here.
- AIYA National is looking for a digital event officer and digital education officer! Send in your applications before 12 May. Find out more about these positions here and here.
- ACICIS Virtual Indonesian Language Short Course in Winter 2021! Learn Bahasa Indonesia through intensive online classes and interactive cultural sharing activities with local Indonesian students. $1,600 New Colombo Plan mobility grants are available to support eligible university students. Apply by 1 May here.
- Australian Consulate-General, Makassar is seeking a Head of Post Executive Assistant/Research Support Officer who will provide high-level executive, administrative and organisational support, undertake research, and organise official events. Vacancy closes on 3 May at 11.30 pm WIB. Register here.
- Cardno is looking for a Contractor Representative who will act as a conduit between program delivery teams, clients and Cardno ID Team. The position is suitable for those interested in international development. Apply by 5pm 2 May here.
- AVI coordinates DFAT’s volunteer programs and are currently hiring two roles for its Melbourne office. Apply for its Digital Communications role by May 4 here; and the Partnerships Lead role by May 10 here.
- DFAT person in Jakarta as a Senior Program Manager (Infrastructure) to oversee the day-to-day management of infrastructure development activities across the transport sector. More info here.
- Australian Council for International Development requires a Partnerships Team Leader to network and coordinate different international programs and stakeholders. International policy experience is expected. Apply by May 12 here.
- Victorian Government is hiring a Strategic Advisor, for its Jakarta office, with experience in providing both strategic and operational support at the executive level. Apply by May13 here.
- AsiaLink is hiring a Manager, Advisory & Insights, to lead teams delivering client advisory services focused on conducting business in Asia and developing public thought leadership reports. Apply by May 16 here.
- Perth USAsia Centre hosts a winter break Internship Program for university students with passions for: international relations; economics, business and trade; Asian studies; or international law. Find out more here.
- Palladium is hiring a Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor to work with the Australian and Indonesian governments in improving education. Applications must be bilingual. More info here
- Google Indonesia is seeking an Account Manager (English, Bahasa Indonesia) to systematically build and cultivate relationships with customers to unlock incremental business through those relationships. More info here.
- Prospera has an opportunity for an Economist (Disability Inclusion) to undertake analytical and policy work as it supports the Government of Indonesia to realize its vision for disability inclusive development. Apply by May 17 here.
- ACFID (Australian Council for International Development) has several full-time and voluntary positions open for those passionate to end world poverty and injustice. Find out the selection criteria here.
- ReelOzInd! 2021 is receiving submissions for the sixth Australia Indonesia Short Film Competition until 1 August. Read the guideline here and submit your film here. Get a chance to win AUD15,000 prize pool!
- Grab Internship Program untuk para mahasiswa tingkat akhir dan fresh graduate di seluruh Indonesia. Lewat program ini, kamu dapat berkesempatan untuk belajar dari rekan kerja, mentor serta pemimpin. Pelajari lebih lanjut mengenai hal ini disini.
- University of Queensland is seeking participants for a study on the acquisition of Indonesian grammar by first language speakers of English. This study is open to those who learned Indonesian as a second language. Click here for registration.
- ASEAN Foundation is calling Indonesian Nationals to support the research on Youth Market and Skills Demand for the Future! All interested applicants can check out the link of each open position for more information or directly submit an application here.
- Australian Volunteers is temporarily suspending overseas placements but are continuing to support partner organisations through remote volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering in-country then check-out a range of opportunities here.
- Victoria University has a number of Masters research projects for outstanding international applicants residing outside of Australia and commencing study in 2021. More info here.
- Education Counsellor Australia (Kebun Jeruk) is a position with IDP Education. The candidate will counsel students on AU studies and liaise with Australian universities. More info here.
- Asian Studies Association Australia is funding numerous prizes, awards and grants for publication, workshops, and postdoctoral writing in 2021. Applications open, more information here.
- University of Sydney Southeast Asia Centre is offering two $5000 writing grants for early stage academics to write an article on their PhD topics, and gain mentorship whilst doing so. More info here.
- Monash University Indonesia is looking to appoint a number of professional positions across a range of areas and levels. Applications open for Chief Operations Officer, Educational Technology and Design Manager, and Senior Officer Community Engagement. Click here for the complete list.
- Asia Group Advisors (AGA) is a strategic advisory firm and is currently seeking two Indonesian specialist roles: analyst and senior associate. More info here.
- Indonesia Council Open Conference has an open call for proposals. The ICOC will focus on the partnerships that underpin Australia-Indonesia relations. Instructions for paper and presentation submissions are available here.
- Have you got some stories to share about Southeast Asia? Pitch an idea to The Sydney Southeast Asia Centre. SSEAC is looking for a breadth of disciplinary focus including history, law, political science, agriculture, medicine, among others. For more info click here.
- Inside Indonesia publishes original pieces on a wide range of political, social, environmental, and cultural issues in Indonesia. They accept articles from a diverse range of people who have an interest in Indonesia. To find out how to contribute, click here.
Like what we do? Want to join or support your local chapter to contribute to our exciting activities? Sign up as an AIYA member today!