Internship at Asia Society in Sydney, Australia
Asia Society Australia is seeking ambitious and enthusiastic interns with an interest in Asia and Australia-Asia relations to join us in Sydney. You will help to drive their activities in the marketing & communications, events, and membership areas. The interns will be a part of a small team at the forefront of Australia’s engagement with Asia and through this internship have an opportunity to master new skills in a real-world environment. You will also develop valuable professional networks in the Australian business, government, education and artistic communities.
The internship will be a 3 month period from August to October 2017.
- Ideally suited (but not limited) to undergraduates or postgraduates studying Asian studies, history, international relations, commerce, journalism, communications and economics.
- Creative and enthusiastic team players with strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- You will be a reliable self-starter and problem-solver who can work independently to meet tight deadlines and multi-task in a small-team, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- An interest in Asia and Australia-Asia relations and excellent writing, editing, and communications skills are a must
- Knowledge of social media platforms and web communications is a plus
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their application to Philipp Ivanov, Chief Executive Officer, Asia Society Australia – in a single Word File or PDF with the subject line “Asia Society Australia Internship Application” to email@example.com
- a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for the position and the days and hours you are available to work (1 page)
- a resume (maximum 2 pages)
- a short writing sample (maximum 3-5 pages on any topic)
Applications close on 1st July 2017.