AIYA Links: 24 August
There’s only one week left to enter the National Australia Indonesia Language Awards (NAILA) 2018 competition! Ayo semua, inilah kesempatan kamu untuk membuktikan bakat berbahasa Indonesia!
In the news
Keen for more news updates on all things Australia-Indonesia? Subscribe to the Australia-Indonesia Centres’ Media Updates for a twice-weekly digest!
On the blog
- Makassar, 25 August – AIYA East Indonesia LX at 7pm! Check out their Facebook page for more details.
- Melbourne, 25 August – Join leading academics on Indonesian politics for ‘Dialog Dua Dekade: Democratisation and Its Challenges’, a forum on the current state of Indonesia’s democratisation at UniMelb. It’s free, however registration is essential for nasi kuning purposes.
- Jakarta, 26 August – AIYA Jakarta is putting on a Work and Holiday Visa Program & IELTS Test Simulation. The event aims to inform Indonesian people about Work and Holiday Visa Programme available in Australia. Come along to find out more!
- Canberra, 29 August – AIYA ACT LX! Biginelli’s School of Music Cafe (level 5), 5:30pm.
- Melbourne, 29 August – The Australia Indonesia Business Council is hosting a welcome event for the new Indonesian General Consul, followed by a discussion panel with women active in Aus-Indo bilateral relationship. RSVP is essential!
- Brisbane, 30 August – Come along to the Indonesia Opportunities Networking Event held by AIYA & AIBC Qld to discover all the opportunities Indonesia provides. AIYA members are eligible for discounted tickets with the code “AIYAmember”.
- Jakarta, 1 September – Interested in studying at Australia National University? Come to the ANU Indonesia Open Day in Jakarta to explore study options and scholarship opportunities. Register your interest here!
- Sydney, 8 September – Enjoy a night of laughter at PPIA USYD’s biggest event, Nusantawa at Seymour Theatre! There will be Darto and Danang, Adjis Doa Ibu & Gilang Gombloh as well as Glenn Fredly to perform. Don’t miss out!
- Jakarta, 15 September – Thinking about studying at the University of Melbourne? Register to attend UniMelb’s September Information Day in Jakarta.
- Bandung, 18 September- Register to attend the University of Melbourne’s September Information Day in Bandung.
- Melbourne & Yogyakarta, 26 September – The third ReelOzInd Australia Indonesia Short Film Festival 2018 is set to premiere on September 26! Click here to reserve your tickets!
- Ubud, 24-28 October – Tickets for the Ubud Writers & Readers Festival are on sale now with speakers including Gillian Triggs, Kamila Andini, Fatima Bhutto, and Richard Oh. Get yours here now!
- Gold Coast, 11-13 November – Save the date for the AIBC Conference 2018: Partnering for Prosperity in a World of Change! Registrations are now open for your chance to mingle with the who’s who of the bilateral business community.
- The Australian phase of Australia-Indonesia Youth Exchange Program (AIYEP) will be hosted in Melbourne and Bendigo in October and November this year which means the program is looking for host families and host organisations in both locations! If you would like to be a host family or a host organisation for one of the lovely 18 Indonesian participants please apply here.
- Calling all Indonesian speakers to join National Australia Indonesia Language Awards (NAILA) 2018 competition. Submit a video of yourself speaking in Indonesian on this year’s theme “Diversity”. Applications are open until 31 August!
- Our partner at UniAir Cargo is now offering AIYA members in Australia a discount for over 50kg shipments to Indonesia. Contact your local chapter on how you can take advantage of this opportunity!
- Swisscontact’s Sustainable Cocoa Production Program has partnered with the University of Sydney to research the diffusion of good agricultural practices among Indonesian cocoa farmers. Sydney Uni is announcing a full-scholarship for a postgrad student (including international students) to research this issue. Applications close 31 August.
- RMIT University is seeking someone passionate about the International Education sector to fill the position of Research Assistant. They will help facilitate a new project in conjunction with ISANA International Education Association Inc. Applications close TONIGHT!
- Focus Group Participants Wanted for research on Indonesian Studies and Australia-Indonesia relations at the University of Melbourne, 27 August, 1-2pm and Monash University, 30 August, 1-2pm. You will receive a $30 gift voucher for your time. Email Dr Avery Poole at email@example.com to register your interest.
- Calling all RMIT University students to participate in the 2018 Leadership Forum! For one day (27 August), discover inspiration and debate with 1,000 peers committed to standing up as the next generation of global leaders. Apply here.
- Applications for all ACICIS programs close 1 September! Study and intern in Indonesia – areas including Indonesian Language, Agriculture, Development Studies, Creative Arts, Law, Business, Sustainable Tourism, Journalism & Public Health. $3,000 – $7,000 New Colombo Plan grants are available for eligible students.
- Are you a Sydney Uni student commencing Honours on a topic relating to Southeast Asia? SSEAC has five Honour Scholarships available worth $5000 each to help support your research. Applications close 21 September. Find out more here.
- Want to host a pop-up ReelOzInd! Festival screening at your school/university/office or park? Choose any date within the Festival period (26 September-31 December 2018) to hold your event. Any gathering large or small is fabulous! To register, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning a language? Get Indonesian & English language help with UniBRIDGE Project.
Like what we do? Want to join or support your local chapter to contribute to our exciting activities? Sign up as an AIYA member today!